GroupOne builds custom, strategic technology plans, essential to achieving our clients’ visions. We collaborate with clients to ensure their objectives are achieved and results are acknowledged. Every aspect of our client-focused activity is driven by a relentless pursuit of operational excellence.
Under general supervision of the IT Services Support Manager, this position plays a key role in delivering on our fully managed IT Services suite of products. This position provides our customers with first level support and problem resolution so they can focus on running their business. Support is delivered through direct customer contact, both verbal and written, to effectively deliver world class service to our partner clients. Support is primarily provided via remote management tools but may require onsite work to address support needs.
- Troubleshoot and resolve end-user laptop/desktop PC issues
- PC/Laptop Repair including cloning hard drives and hardware diagnosis
- Administer maintenance activities such as operating system and application software patching
- Set up new computers and user accounts
- Report computer issues to vendor support, working through diagnostics and implementing the solution
- Ensure the confidentiality and security of all information
- Diagnose and resolve user software issues, printing, email, internet, wireless and local area network access problems
- Coordinate timely repair of equipment remotely or onsite as needed
- Ability to prioritize service tickets by urgency
- General assistance with Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Troubleshoot various types of client specific software
- Troubleshoot low disk space issues
- Provide efficient and timely resolutions to customer support cases
- Ability to accurately track time and services performed during the course of the day
- Willingness to work overtime, afterhours, and weekends as required by the task or project at hand
- Additional duties as required
Qualifications and Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to translate technical information into layman’s terms.
- Ability to correctly determine proper course of action by identifying appropriate resource, process or escalation needed for safe and efficient resolution to any client issue
- Ability to adapt and accept challenges in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Strong commitment to providing quality service
- Excellent and reliable attendance record
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Possess a positive attitude and be able to fit in well within a strong team
- Ability to successfully prioritize service issues based on multiple competing objectives
- Willingness and commitment to ongoing learning and development
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional client situations; Responds promptly to client needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict and communicating effectively.
- Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and suggestions.
- Must be proficient and fluent in the English language
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listen’s and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Ability to read, comprehend and prepare simple to complex instructions, correspondence, reports, and memos. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to clients and other employees of the organization.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Must be a Self-starter, proactive and goal-oriented personality that strives for excellence
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with suggestions for an alternate plan.
- Ability to successfully execute many tasks simultaneously
- Remain patient with users who may be confused and unable to provide clear information
- Ability to perform well under pressure within an environment with constantly changing priorities
Education and Experience
- High school Diploma, some College, completion of Technical School preferred
- At least two (2) years of experience in Customer Service, Technical Support or similar preferred
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience
- Entry level CompTIA Certifications preferred
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
General Technology Skills
- Foundational knowledge of TCP/IP protocol, Internetworking, File sharing, DNS and Email
- Experience and understanding working with windows networked computers, printers, scanners, and copiers at the workgroup level
- Working experience with the modern Microsoft Windows operating systems, system clean-up, performance tuning and malware/virus cleanup
- Experience supporting users in a business with Windows server networking preferred
- Demonstrated PC repair/support experience in a professional or educational setting
Workstation Technologies and Support
- Identify, specify, and troubleshoot workstation hardware
- Motherboards, Expansion Cards, and RAM
- storage media (Optical, Solid-State, and Mechanical Storage)
- File systems, formatting, and partitions (e.g., FAT32, NTFS, APFS, etc.)
- Peripherals (e.g., Pointing/Typing devices, Printers/Scanners, Displays, etc.)
- Setup and troubleshoot layer 1 connectivity (Power, Network, and AV cabling)
- Update workstation firmware and UEFI/BIOS
- Install, troubleshoot, and update workstation drivers and Operating Systems (Windows and Mac)
- Use MS Tools and Features (e.g. Task Manager, Services, Regedit, Disk Manager)
- Map network resources
- Configure Outlook Profiles
- Install existing 3rd party apps
- Review disk space capacity / cleanup
- Install, Configure, and Troubleshoot
- Microsoft Office Products
- Email, Cellular Networking, and Bluetooth on mobile platforms (iOS and Android)
- Basic virus / malware remediation
- BYOD email Setup/Install
Network Technologies and Support
- Basic ping / traceroute troubleshooting
- Basic ISP troubleshooting
- Verify DNS functionality and interoperability
- Experience with Wireless networking standards (e.g., 802.11a-ac, 2.4/5ghz, WPA-PSK/EAP)
- Connect and verify function of networked devices (Workstations/Laptops, VoIP phones, Printers, IoT devices)
Server Technologies and Support
- Password changes
- Add users to AD groups
- Create shared mailboxes
- New user Setup
Language & Writing Skills
Ability to read, comprehend and prepare simple to complex instructions, correspondence, reports and memos. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to clients and other employees of the organization.
There are no supervision responsibilities with this position.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
A valid driver’s license, proof of automobile insurance and current registration.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently required to sit, bend, stoop, reach, and carry. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and use hands. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distance vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment is in a climate-controlled office with light to moderate background noise.