Must-See Attractions in Downtown Sacramento California
While a vacation to Downtown Sacramento might not seem like a high-energy destination, it’s a vibrant and diverse place. Here are must-see attractions in the area:
The Governor’s Mansion is an impressive building with a rich history and impressive interiors. Interiors feature gold-framed mirrors imported from France, marble fireplaces inspired by Victorian styles, and handcrafted doorknobs and hinges.
The California State Railroad Museum is a Smithsonian affiliate that offers an immersive world. You’ll enter through a detailed scene depicting railroad workers blasting through a mountain.
If you’re looking for upscale American fare in Downtown Sacramento, look no further than the Moxie Restaurant. The upscale eatery, located near the city’s New Era Park neighborhood, offers an ever-changing menu and encourages diners to take their time while dining.
With over 23,000 Vietnamese residents living in the Sacramento area, this city has a wide selection of Vietnamese restaurants. Quan Nem Ninh Hoa, for example, stands out as one of the few that focuses solely on central Vietnamese cuisine.
The Certified Farmers’ Market in downtown Sacramento features local California farmers who sell their produce directly to the public. The Farmers’ Market is divided into two sections.
The Midtown Art Retail Restaurant Scene building features an array of shops and restaurants as well.
Cathedral of the Blessed Sacrament
The Cathedral of the Blessed Sacrament in downtown Sacramento is the state’s Roman Catholic cathedral. You can walk to the Cathedral from the State Capitol building by going up 11th street to its main entrance. The Cathedral is located near the Cathedral Square LRT stop.
Things to Do and See in Downtown Sacramento, CA
- Chinatown Sacramento 915 4th St, 95814
- Chinatown Mall 400 J St, 95814
- Crocker Park 211 O St, 95814
- Crocker Art Museum 211 O St, 95814
- California Museum 1020 O St, 95814
- Stanford Mansion 800 N St, 95814
- Franklin D. Roosevelt Park 1615 9th St, 95814
- Plaza de California Capitol Mall, 95814
- Heilbron House 704 O St, 95814
- Fremont Community Garden 14th St & Q Street, 95814
- John C. Frémont Park 1515 Q St, 95811
- California State Capitol Park 1300 L St, 95814
- Purple Heart Monument West of 15th, north of N St., 95814
- Desert Garden 15th &, N St, 95814
- State Capitol Park World Peace Rose Garden 1317 15th St, 95814
- Old Rose Garden 1300 L St, 95814
- The California Vietnam Veterans Memorial 1255-1289 15th St, 95814
- The Civil War Memorial Grove 95814
- César Chávez Plaza 910 I St, 95814
- Crest Theatre 1013 K St, 95814
- Old Folsom Powerhouse Sacramento Station A 813 6th St, 95814
- Farm-to-Fork Festival 3rd Street to, 7th St, 95814